New Poll

Things Changing, Tag;; Open September 3
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 23 2016, 10:07 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

sorrow found me when i was young
Malfoy had been right. Rose hated this fact. Things were far worse then she had honestly thought they would be. She figured if they were letting the muggleborns attend school it couldn't possibly be that bad but she had gotten a rude awakening on the first night when she saw one of her friends getting tortured right in the middle of the corridors on their way back from the welcome back feast. Fear was finally sinking in. She knew her education was going to suffer but she honestly wondered if she was going to make it out of the school year alive.

It was night time but not yet to curfew. She had wanted to send an owl to her mother. Of course her letter lied saying everything was not as bad as it seemed. There was nothing her muggle parents could do about what was going on there and she did not feel the need to worry them about what exactly was going on so she fluffed it up. She left all mentions of Dumbledore's army out of it, of course, she didn't know if the owls were intercepted or not and she knew better then to mention it.

She knew it was dangerous walking alone but she needed to get this letter to her family, she wanted them to know she was okay. She walked down quiet corridors quickly clenching her letter in her hands but freezing when she hear footsteps. She didn't know who else was out this late but she did not want to risk it being someone who was going to hurt her even though she was not breaking any rules.

Rose quickly ducked into an empty classroom leaving the door slightly cracked so she could see who was walking by trying not to breath worried that if she got caught she'd be tortured like her friend had been.

PMEmail
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: May 25 2016, 10:30 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK, CUZ I DON’T REMEMBER
Ginny walked down the darkened corridor, slowly and deliberately. It wasn’t quite curfew but she didn’t think it wise to attract attention to herself. She was pureblood, sure, but she was also a likely target for the death eaters. Most of her family was in the Order of the Phoenix, she was a member of Dumbledore’s Army, and it was clear she didn’t like this new regime. Her blood status would only protect her for so long. It was better not to risk attention for something as trivial as returning to her common room from the library.

So she was wary of every shadow and every corner. She kept her eyes wide as she scanned the halls and kept an ear out for the wretched Mrs. Norris and her ugly owner, Filch. He’d likely hang her from her toes for detention, just for breathing, if he caught her. As she walked, Ginny heard another set of footsteps, quiet, and light like her own. She peaked around the next corner and heard the low creak of a door hinge. The classroom closest to her had its door slightly ajar and a shot of fear ran through her. That could be anyone in that classroom, anyone waiting to ambush her.

Suddenly her study session in the library became a very stupid and risky idea. Her grades were not worth her well-being, despite what her friend Hermione thought. These were dangerous times even for the most innocent of actions and she should have known better than to go alone. But she was also a Gryffindor, she reminded herself and Gryffindors were brave even when they were afraid. With bated breath she crept cross the hallway and to the open door. Cautiously, she pushed the door open, wand pointed through the crack.

“Hello?” shee whispered into the dark room.

--------------------
Have Faith in me
I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me
PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 25 2016, 11:33 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

When a person approached the door she moved quickly and hid behind the teachers desk pulling out her wand. She had to fight, not just take it. No one else was around maybe she could fight back but what chance did she stand against a death eater?” she clutched her wand tightly preparing to fight if she needed to but felt a bit of relief wash over her when she heard a familiar voice.

“Ginny?” she whispered in response to the hello. She held her wand out and sighed. “Lumos.”

The light filled the class room and once again Rose felt a lot calmer. Now she was sure that she was safe for a moment she let herself relax. “Thank god its you... I thought you were a damned death eater.” she confessed. “I'm just trying to mail a letter home... I have to lie to my parents, let them know all is well even when its not.” she waved the letter in her hand walking over to the other girl glancing at the door. “did you hear anyone else down there?”

PMEmail
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: May 26 2016, 06:26 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

“Rosemarie?” Ginny felt the relief flood through her, calming her rapidly beating heart. She took another quick look outside and listened as hard as she could for another person. After a moment, satisfied that there was no one else, she shut the classroom door, so they wouldn’t be overheard.

“No, I didn’t see or hear anyone,” she replied. In the wandlight, she studied Rosemarie standing behind the desk and suddenly fear gripped Ginny’s insides. If it was dangerous for Ginny to walk the corridors alone at this time it was straight up madness for Rosemarie to do so. With Deatheaters roaming the school and making sport out of torturing muggleborns, Rosemarie was extremely vulnerable right now. Though, if Ginny thought about it, there was no more safety in numbers. If muggleborns were walking together all of them were at risk anyway. She could feel the anger building up inside her at the injustice of it all. But this wasn’t the time to think of that.

“I’ll walk you to the owlery, then, so you can deliver that letter,” Ginny said. She didn’t really leave any room for argument. She set her jaw stubbornly, almost daring Rosemarie to say no. They weren’t really close but Rosemarie was in Dumbledore’s Army and Ginny would be damned if she let anything bad happen to her. She wasn’t about to hear no. She’d go with her whether she liked it or not.

--------------------
Have Faith in me
I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me
PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 28 2016, 05:01 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rose let herself relax. She needed to catch her breath and clam down. She had lately been wondering if she had made the right decision to come back it had been a dark and scary place since she returned. She walked sluggishly forward not wanting to leave the safety of the classroom but she also knew the safety would be short lived. She appropriated Ginny's concern but she would like to avoid her getting into trouble.

She sighed after a moment and nodded. “Okay... you can come with me...” she said putting her wand in a pocket she sewed into her robes. She wanted the access to her wand at all times. “Lets go.” she said moving back to the door carefully she did not want to make any loud noises. She slipped out and walked down the hall.

“H-how have you been?” she asked quietly. She knew small talk was pointless but she was feeling anxious and she finally was able to let someone know that she was.

PMEmail
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 11:47 AM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

Ginny tried to keep her composure as they began walking down the hall. Any other year, this would have been a normal occurrence, walking down the hallway catching up with an acquaintance, making small talk as they both headed in the same direction. But this wasn’t a normal year, and without Harry here she was feeling particularly vulnerable at Hogwarts. She was also really lonely. She knew it wasn’t healthy but she had slowly begun closing off to her friends. Her anxious state and depression was tricking her brain and she was fighting it, but it was difficult. Keeping her voice low, Ginny let herself confide in Rosemarie.

“I’ve been… well awful actually,” she said as they walked. “Things aren’t quite the same without Harry here and honestly I don’t know what to do about you know, the DA. It’s dangerous and normally I would say we should be fighting, but I just don’t know how. I think, maybe we should have a meeting sometime soon to think of something. A game plan, you know?”

Ginny stopped talking and let the air between them fall into silence for a moment. It felt good getting that off her chest, really good, as if the poisonous worry had been sucked from the wound.

“How’ve you been holding up?” she asked in a softer voice. It was tough for Ginny to swallow this Death Eater regime but she couldn’t imagine how awful it was for all the muggleborns like Rosemarie. “Been a lot of trouble for you?”

--------------------
Have Faith in me
PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 09:56 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rose frowned a little bit looking at him and tilting her head. “I think your right. Let me know how I can help we need to keep people strong and still fighting. We may be students but we really need to get together and stand strong. This year is going to only get worse... They aren't nearly as bad as what I think they are only going to get worse and push farther and farther... We need to keep strong and DA may be the only thing some of us will have to keep strong... I don't know where Harry is... or what he is doing but we should be prepared no matter what, with or without him..”

She hated saying that she was scared of the new Hogwarts and without him there to help defend it she didn't know what to think either. The silence was uncomfortable but when she asked about her she sighed and looked at her feet. “So far I've managed to avoid getting singled out but some of my friends haven't been so lucky. I wonder if my coming here was the right decision. If I don't make it back home... She sighed and held her sealed letter up. “I'm lying to my parents... they know nothing of whats going on nor will I ever tell them. I can't, they wont let me come back and I have to look out for the younger muggleborns. They need me...”

She stopped walking and turned to face Ginny. “If you need anything we should find a way to communicate... I can't stay locked up in my common room forever. And there's some sort of safety in numbers, for now anyway...and you family are known as 'blood traitors' you need to be careful too.. you are not safe...”

PMEmail
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 01:54 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

LOVE IS NOT A BATTLE. IT’S A TICKING TIME-BOMB
“We’ll be strong and we’ll figure something out. We might not be able to use the room of requirement but I think I have an idea of where to go. I just need to make sure it’s safe first before we get everyone there.”

Ginny was glad that she still had people on her side. It was so easy to get bogged down in feeling alone. It was hard to remember that some people knew what it felt like, and Ginny was glad to have someone on her side to support her and others. Ginny could understand Rose not telling her parents what exactly was going on. She wished her parents had no clue too. This was really difficult for everyone who disagreed with Voldemort and even worse still for the muggleborn targets.

“I have to look out for the younger muggleborns. They need me…” Rose said. Ginny could see the defiant glint of steel in Rose’s eyes. She meant every word she said even if it was dangerous to her, even if it meant she’d be treated like scum, bullied, tortured and even killed. Ginny felt a surge of affection for Rosemarie. Whoever said Hufflepuffs weren’t brave had clearly never met one. Rose had seen what could happen to her if she upset the Death Eaters and she was still willing to fight them tooth and nail to be free of them. Ginny’s heart went out to Rose’s friends who had been hurt. She couldn’t imagine what that must have been like for any of them. It was admirable to Ginny that Rose wanted to stay, despite the obvious danger she was in. She was so brave and loyal and concerned about everyone. Ginny never realized until now. Rose had always seemed so quiet to her, shy. But there was so much more to Rose, and her concern for everyone else’s safety touched Ginny. Before she could stop herself Ginny hugged Rose.

“You are here for a reason, I just know it.” Ginny told her before letting go. “We’ll think of some way to keep in contact about the DA. For now we should just pass notes to each other in the hallway. Leave them vague and we should be fine as long as we burn them or destroy them afterwards. I’ll give you the password to Gryffindor Common Room too. Share it quietly with any muggleborns in your house. That way if they’re nearby they can run to safety and not be caught in the corridors by the death eaters. Okay?”

Ginny looked around to make sure that no one was still around. She really wished Harry had left the Marauders Map with her, so she could make sure she and Rose were safe. But she couldn’t get held up on wishful thinking.

“Come on, let’s keep moving”

--------------------
Have Faith in me
PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 05:01 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rose felt tears pricking at her eyes. She took a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down so she wouldn't cry but she was afraid. “Ginny what if I'm not strong enough... what if I fail the younger students, or the DA?” She shook it off quickly. “No that's not an option now is it? My job is to keep strong and I will do that.”

She was so afraid of what the code enforcers were up to she was hoping to be strong enough but she wasn't a Gryffindor. Her bravery was only so much. She sighed after a moment glancing around and listening for foot steps other then theirs, or eyes following them. Most of all she was looking for that damn cat with the hope of being able to kick her and run the other way.

She normally wouldn't hurt animals but that creature was a demon. “Passing note, how very muggle of you.” she said with a smirk “But that's genius. We have a few classes together lets see if we can discreetly become partners or at least sit closer together. That password thing would be amazing and could help so many, hope the fat lady doesn't mind.” She sighed feeling a little stronger now. Talking about Dumbledore Army really made her feel the strength she needed to keep her head up.

PMEmail
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 10:40 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK, 'CAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER
Rose sounded close to tears and Ginny could understand her panic. Inwardly, she was having the same thoughts, but she couldn’t let self-doubt govern her or Rose or anyone. They could do this; they could survive and fight back. It would be hard but anything worth fighting for was ever easy to get. That’s why you had to fight for it in the first place.

“Hey,” Ginny said bracingly, “You won’t fail because there’s no such thing as failing. You are doing your best and that’s all that you or anyone else can expect of you. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: anything is possible if you’ve got the nerve for it. And I know you have the nerve for it and so much more. You are strong.”

And Ginny believed every word of it. She grinned at being muggle-like. If there was one thing she knew about pureblood wizards was that they were extremely ignorant to the way muggles actually were and what they did. Her mother always did tell Fred and George not everything had to be done magically.

“And the Fat Lady wouldn’t mind she’s on our…” Ginny trailed off as a pair of glowing amber eyes caught her attention. Mrs. Norris was stealthily slinking towards them, eyes never wavering as she approached. That damned cat, she cursed silently. Ginny took a quick assessment of where exactly in the school they were and then grabbed Rose’s hand and tugged.

“Run. Now.” she breathed and ran for dear life in the direction of the room of requirement. Hopefully they’d be safe there, hopefully filch hadn’t figured the room out yet.

--------------------
Have Faith in me
PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 10:03 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

She smiled. She was strong she could stand her ground, she had to stand her ground. She ran her fingers threw her hair. She was going to hurt this year but she was going to protect others. “Thank you.” she said quietly. “I needed that. Its just such a scary time. But at least we have eachother and the rest of the DA...” She said smiling listening her talk of the fat lady and she relaxed. This could really work.

She looked up and froze seeing Mrs. Norris as well her eyes widening. “I hate this cat.” She whispered. “I hate this cat so damn much!” She held onto Ginny's hand tightly and started running with her quickly glancing back to see if the damn horrible cat was following. She started recognizing where they were going she still grabbed her wand looking back one more time.

She saw the room of requirements ahead of them and let go of Ginny's hand shoving the door open quickly, holding it for her. Once Ginny was in she pushed the door quickly and sinking down to catch her breath. “I'm a Quidditch player, but out running a cat takes so much out of me...”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III