New Poll

alone on the throne, tag: open [ 3 september 1997 ]
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 21 2016, 10:58 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

T
he Den of Snakes, while always a place of luxurious taste and obvious well means, had never been more lavish than it was now. The leather couches had been replaced with newer, more plush models that appealed to the lax nature of the room, the roaring fire now surrounded by chaise lounges that hadn’t been there in years previous. Draco was among those that enjoyed the improvements, basking in the richness that had been added to the room without a thought to how the school had managed to secure the extra money to afford such luxuries.

Draco hadn’t bothered with troubling his mind on the matter in the least, frankly far too used to handling items that were obtained through ‘dirty’ means, his body lounging in one of the newer chaise lounges that sat just a few feet from the fire. The warmth licked at his feet, keeping him delightfully warm in the usually very cool room. Though the Slytherin common room was perhaps the most doted upon when it came to luxuries, there truly was no fixing the temperature problems that came from being positioned beneath the Great Lake.

He closed his eyes as he tilted his head back against the sloping half-back of the chair, listening in patiently to the conversations taking place around him. Not far off he could hear the hushed whispers of second years, making hurried comments about the new furniture and the possibilities of just how they were obtained. They all had rumors, of course. Some said that it was taken from the raided houses of muggles and muggleborns alike, others mentioned even worse deeds of graverobbing (who would take a chair to the grave, though?) and murder. Draco wouldn’t put much thought to the latter, instead opting to listen to another conversation.

The talk in the common room was almost always the same now that Voldemort had risen to power – questions of what the world was to become now that the purebloods were seen as the superior race and how people felt about treating previous friends as the dirt that they were. He couldn’t blame those that had their reservations, though he hadn’t felt like he’d treated anyone any different from last year. Perhaps they hadn’t been raised in the same upbringing that he had been, which put him a step above the common crowd.

They had no idea just how much worse things were going to get. He let a smile, soft but uneasy, slip onto his lips. Things could be so much worse. Were going to be, actually. He let his head roll back and opened his eyes, letting out a small sigh of boredom. As much as he did enjoy the luxury, he didn’t enjoy the fact he had no one to share it with… Or at least someone on his level to speak with.

PM
^
PANSY PARKINSON
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 06:06 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

tag: pan x draco
i hear you're wicked,
well i'm much worse.
if there was one thing that pansy parkinson couldn't seem to find tonight, it was solace. she had been by herself up in the dormitory that she shared with her friends, flipping through her new witch weekly magazine when all of the girls had come back into the room at once. gossiping about this rumor here and there, breaking pansy's focus on the article she was reading. since they didn't seem to want to simmer down, pansy decided now would be a good time to get in the shower, before all the hot water disappeared thanks to the little preppy fourth years.

finding herself some peace and quiet once she stepped into the shower stall, it was only a matter of time before one of the six years she kind of got along with recognized her from the embroidered 'P.C.P.' towel that hung outside waiting for her. the girl in the stall next to her didn't know how to shut up, despite pansy barely answering back, and finally she gave up-exiting the shower after finishing cleaning up.

dressing in some more comfortable robes, pansy took a quick drying spell to her hair before throwing it up into a light, slightly messy ponytail and deciding to just go hide away in some corner of the common room with the rest of her bulky magazine. unfortunately, the common room was louder than expected, and now cursing under her breath, pansy decided she would be better off finding somewhere to sit with somebody she knew.

magazine grasped lightly in her hand, pansy's eyes scanned the common room, and when a small shiver coursed its way down her spine, she decided her best bet would be to settle herself in one of those new chairs set up by the ever roaring fireplace. she came around the back of the chairs to find draco sitting in one of them, a small smile upon his lips. 'oh, thinking of me, i see, draco," she teased lightly, settling herself in the chair next to him, tucking her feet to the side of her and placing her magazine on her lap. "why the sigh?"

♥ spenny
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 11:25 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

A
t first it seemed that his unspoken request for someone of merit to join him would go ignored by the powers that be and that he would sit in this chair until he either fell asleep or had to endure yet another first year coming to ask him all about what it was like to be a member of the Death Eaters and oh, could they see his tattoo? Ugh. The prats were aggravating beyond belief and he couldn’t imagine having asked even half as many questions as they did in his first year. Then again, he had better raising than any of these empty-headed ‘purebloods’.

But there she was - the light at the end of the tunnel. Parkinson. Now there was a girl that had been raised properly and could still hold a decent conversation, though no one could deny the fact that she was every bit as sarcastic as any other Slytherin girl. She had the same air about her as Draco and people often rumored that the two were dating, though that couldn’t be farther from the truth. They did have a certain attraction to each other, yes, but it wasn’t by any means romantic or sexual. They were simply… Magnets. Drawn to each other from their mutual experiences.

“The sigh?” He lifted his head and smirked at her, crossing his arms and resting his head upon them gently, “You know that I have to audibly express my distaste in not having you at my side.” He glanced at her, looking her outfit over slowly, “What do you think of our new decor?” He asked, motioning to the new chairs that lined the entire room. “Have you heard the rumors from the first years? They’re creative this year, if nothing else.”

PM
^
PANSY PARKINSON
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 04:56 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

tag: pan x draco
i hear you're wicked,
well i'm much worse.
pansy couldn't help but let a small smirk appear upon her face as draco responded to her, "although i'm flattered, that's not the truth-i'll take it as such though," she teased him. pansy and draco had been friends for such a long time at this point, she couldn't remember a time when she wasn't by his side. they'd met at a young age, before hogwarts, and as they got older, they did their at-home tutoring together, received their hogwarts letters on the same day, and had been sorted one right after the other.

draco's company was one that pansy always enjoyed, because it was never a dull moment. the two of them always had something to talk about, always brutally honest with each other. draco was probably the reason pansy strives so hard to be the type of leader she has known to be among the slytherin girls. she raised her brow at his wandering eye, "see something you like? i can lend you this blouse if you fancy it so much," winking at him playfully before casting her eyes around the rest of the room.

"it certainly is a nice upgrade, " she paused, taking a moment to realize that the chair draco sat in was bigger than her's. "my favorite is that some of the foot stools are gryffindors that tried to revolt against returning this year, can't say i wouldn't mind putting my feet on that mudblood's head. unfortunately she was in potions today, so no luck for me."

♥ spenny
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 07:34 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

A
s always, she was perfectly comfortable with their familiar back-and-forth style of talking, the way that it had always been. The two had been on the edge of flirtation for as long as he could remember and he knew that people perceived them as a couple, though he could never view Pansy as such. Though she was someone he could see being a piece of his life until his death, he couldn’t imagine having her as a partner. She knew too much about his family and lacked that… Something that he desired. If they ever chose to date, it would only be for the fact it would greatly please his father, which was probably the reason he didn’t find her attractive.

Her snarky comment about her blouse made him roll his eyes visibly, letting out a low scoff, “I was just going to ask whose floor that shirt will end up on tonight. Or do you plan to even know the name of the boy you’ll degrade?” He quipped back at her, a comment that was a harsh prick at one of the many rumors that had floated around the common room practically since Pansy had begun to fill out. Though Pansy was a very beautiful girl, she was also one of those girls who was very no-nonsense about her personal life and it had lead to people making jokes about how she must be in the bedroom. But rumors were just rumors, he was sure. Either way he didn’t want to know.

“I bet the Gryffindors are in a riot with Potter not here.” He commented in a very off-hand way, his mind horribly wandering to the only Gryffindor that he’d cared to think about lately. Ever since the feast he hadn’t been able to get a certain Weasley out of his head, mostly because she looked like she had been through hell and back, but also because the grief had still been so apparent. He felt the familiar pang of regret in his chest, but forced himself to swallow it down.

Draco chewed his lip for a moment, then offered his thumbnail to his anxiety and bit it tenderly. There was only one other person besides Draco himself that knew how he felt about Ginny, though Pansy’s knowledge wasn’t from him outright saying it. She seemed to have a sixth sense about his emotions and had pried the information from him one night. “She looked sick at the feast.” He commented, hoping to any god in existence that Pansy would know the correct she he was referring to.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III