Add Reply
New Poll

Old Friends Meet Again, September 2 Tag;; Remus!
Linnea Amery
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 07:31 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

there's heaven over you
but there is hell above me
Linnea had heard of the Order of the Phoenix back in the day but had never joined it. So when she heard about it being reformed she jumped at the chance to join it. What the Death Eaters had done in the past and present had to be prevented from happening in the future. She showed up at the meeting place just in time for the meeting to begin. She was sitting in the back listening for now. Her blood was boiling at some of what she was hearing. Something bad had hit the part of her life she loved and she was going to do what she had to to protect it. Her daughter deserved a better world then what it was becoming.

While sitting in the meeting someone caught her attention. A friend she had not seen in a long time. Just seeing him around made her perk up. He looked older, of course so did she. She had a ton of thoughts fill her mind. Surely he knew she was a quidditch player now, why had he not tracked her down or said hi? She knew they had grown apart but they had so much fun in school. When the meeting was over she moved quickly threw the crowd. She was aware he was talking to other people but she couldn't resist falling back into old habits.

She picked up a little speed before throwing her arms around him. “Oh my god Rem!” she said excitedly. She didn't mean to run into him with as much force as she did, being a beater she tended to forget her own strength. “I haven't seen you in ages!” Her mind was racing she had so many things to tell him her life had done so much but she didn't want to over whelm him. “How the hell have you been?”

PMEmail
^
Remus Lupin
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 02:54 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

Remus kept to the sidelines during the Order’s meeting. The wolfsbane potion worked with decency much of the time, but this full moon its affects were lackluster. The medicine tamped down his symptoms with little care; it just didn’t want to work well. In fact, treating a broken leg with cough medicine would have worked more efficiency. Sitting did not suit his aching back and legs, therefore Remus leaned against the wall through much of it. In frankness, even standing did not help much so he shifted from one foot to the other in feeble attempts at comfort. Besides, he might be an original Order member, but that did not mean he was exactly wanted. Most of the witches and wizards in this room tolerated him - at best. On the surface, they were jovial, but there was a glint of fear in their eyes. The fresh gash on his face did not help his cause, either. So he strayed near the exit.

Of course, there were acceptations to that rule. A young witch (who looked as if she had just graduated from Hogwarts a year or two before) chatted with abandon. Somehow she got whiff of his malady and kept asking him about it. Would he use his werewolf-ness to fight the Death Eaters? Would he go and turn a bunch of willing witches and wizards in order to make a pack of werewolves to fight the Death Eaters? Would he train himself to change at will to fight the Death Eaters? The questions went on and on. He found himself tiring of these unnerving questions. Every time she asked, he replied with a quiet, ‘No.’

Remus’s eyes widen as someone pounced on his from behind. He grunted a moan – his aching joints protesting. The witch he’d been talking to gawked open-mouthed and head cocked before removing herself from the situation. When the woman spoke, his cheeks flushed and butterflies formed. He’d know that voice anywhere. “Linnea,” he said, pronouncing it ‘lin-nay-uh’, turning to face the woman. She looked the same if not even more beautiful than he recalled. “It has been a long time. I am… alive. And yourself?”

Of course he knew of her Quidditch career. While he wasn’t fond of the game, he did see the articles, and he could not help pine a little whenever he picture showed up in the Prophet. He also remembered the wedding announcement and knew nothing of the divorce. She’d looked ravishing in those photos. Seeing it had made his heart sink a little and made him regret never confessing his feelings.
PM
^
Linnea Amery
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 09:14 AM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

“I'm glad your alive.” she said with a warm smile taking a step back away from him taking him in. He had changed a little but something about being around him made her happy. She had always wanted to track him down, and the others of the group when they were in school but when the Potters had been killed and Sirius was fingered for it she was not sure what to do or thing. They had all been older then her and chose different lives.

Having over heard what the witch said about him being a werewolf she felt shocked. She wanted to know when that happened but was not sure how to bring it up. When he asked how she had been she wasn't sure where to start. “Well, I'm a professional Quidditch player and love it so much. It is so freeing to be able to do what I love for a living. I've been married and divorced to a boring boring man who didn't seem to like my sense of adventure... oh and I have a two year old daughter named Nicolette. She's like a mini version of me very full of energy, I got her a toy broom she loves to zoom around on its rather adorable.”

When she spoke of her daughter her pride could easily be seen. Her daughter was very young but had a lot of smarts for a two year old so of course she was proud. “She's going to be three in January, they get so big so fast.” She shook her head and looked at her old friend again. “I sound like a cliché but its crazy how true that is.”
PMEmail
^
Remus Lupin
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 10:03 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

Remus laughed. He rubbed the back of his neck a bit, thinking he felt a blush creep into his cheeks. That old flutter of something filled his belly. Yes, I am glad you’re alive, too. At least I hope you are. You don’t look like a ghost. If you were, well, you’d be the prettiest one I have ever seen. Much nicer in appearance than Moaning Myrtle,” he joked. Remus was certain he felt a blush then and ducked his head a little bit to try and hide the redness.

He nods a bit. A strand of his hair falling into his eyes as he did so. “I know. I mean I’ve seen the articles in the Prophet. You were always a fabulous player for Gryffindor,” he complimented. When she says she was divorced, he raised his eyebrows a bit. Some of the redness faded from his cheeks. “It sounds like a wonderful life even with the divorce. Children make life worth it or so I have heard. I hope she isn’t too much trouble for you. Children can be a handful, can’t they?” Remus didn’t know. Most people kept their young away from him. He didn’t blame them for that. If Remus had a child, he couldn’t imagine letting his little one get close to a werewolf.

“Yeah, they do. I remember seeing Harry when he was born. Before I know it he was a year old and then… I taught him. So much like his father in all ways,” Remus agreed with a nod. After a moment he added, “I know you overheard that unnerving conversation. I am a werewolf. I was one at school. I still am.”
PM
^
Linnea Amery
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 09:53 AM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

Linn blushed a little herself at his complement of her appearance. He had always been so sweet and bashful in school she enjoyed her time with him and James and the rest of the group but she had really enjoyed it when she got a moment alone with Remus. He was so intelligent and she liked that he would have deep conversations with her that normally didn't involve Quidditch which for her was odd at first but she had come to enjoy.

“I have truly been blessed.” She admitted shyly. “My ex husband was... boring... but I still managed some fantastic adventures so far in my life. You don't have any children yet? You really should! They are insanly fun though mine is very much like a miniature me! She gives me a run for my money as far as being a dare devil. Since she comes to all my games I got her a little toy broom and she zips around on that all the time. I'm currently trying to teach her to be aware of muggles that might be in the area but... she's two... she doesn't quite get it. She broke one of my trophies the other day because I told her she couldn't use it out side... she she was zipping around inside and bumped the bookshelf it was on... oh children. I hope you can come meet her soon.”

“You've taught Harry? Oh that must have been interesting is he like James? He looks like James from the pictures I have seen in the daily prophet with him it it. I can't belive how big he has gotten... nothing makes you feel older then seeing kids grow up weither their yours or your friends form school.” She laughed shaking her head.

She smiled at him and reached forward taking his hand after he confessed about being a werewolf. “Well, I should tell you I'm a bit pissed off you didn't tell me this when we were younger though I can understand why.” she gently rubbed her thumb on his knuckles. “But that doesn't change how I see you. You seem as down to earth and kind as you were back when we were in school. I am happy we've reconnected and now we are not going to stop talking again, understand?” She smiled reaching up and pushing the strand of hair from his face before letting his hand go. “I will never thing of you as any different, you were such a dear friend to me.”

She blushed letting go of his hand and clearing her throat looking at her feet. “Anyway, we need to have lunch together so you can meet Nicolette.”
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III