New Poll

She Knows What I Think About, Tag;; Daphne | September 10
Andrew Cooper
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 03:13 PM

Hufflepuff

Neutral
Hogwarts Staff

IT’S SUCH AN ARBITRARY LINE THAT WE DANCE
Drew heard the bell ring and sighed. Why could he never keep track of time? He got so caught up in helping his students he never gave them any time to clean up their supplies. To be fair most of his students were never paying attention to time either. They weren’t exactly dying to leave his classroom and he was proud of that. It wasn’t this boring class that no one wanted to be in, they chose to be here. Still that didn’t fix the fact that the classroom was wrought with art supplies and canvases everywhere and students rushing to clean up so that they wouldn’t be late to their next class. Drew sighed again and shook his head.

“Class, just gather your belongings and head to your next class. I’ll take care of the room, no worries. And don’t forget the ten Croquis sketches for next class. I want to see movement in those sketches without magic first. And make sure to pay close attention to form!” he announced as his students left the room.

The last student left and Drew closed the door to drown out the noisy hallway. He looked around at the cluttered room and waved his wand. Charcoal sticks and kneaded erasers flew back into their cases. Oil and Chalk Pastels flew back into their color coded bins. The student’s canvases and sketch pads he manually put back. Each student had their own individual storage space and he put their work back carefully. He didn’t want to ruin their work or mix up anyone’s sketch pad. Once he was done with that, all that remained were the empty easels that he magically pushed against the one wall out of the way.

With everything cleaned up he left the room. It was about 15 minutes into his free period and since it was the beginning of term he didn’t have much to grade just yet. He wasn’t quite sure what to do with himself so he just continued down the hall towards his office, thinking hard of his next move. He was almost at his office door when he noticed a student walking towards him. It took all of two seconds for Drew to realize that the blonde hair and long legs belonged to Daphne Greengrass. The past week he had paid attention to her figure enough in class to recognize the coy smile, blazing eyes, and cascading curls.

What he couldn’t figure out was why she was not in class. He knew she didn’t have a free period the same time that he did, which means she was cutting class. Drew knew he should probably stop her and give her a detention, and he was still considering it, but maybe she had a valid excuse. Either way he had to stop her and find out, he reasoned. If that was just an excuse to talk to her, Drew ignored it. He was her professor. It was his job to make sure she got a good education.

“Ms. Greengrass, wait just a moment, if you would join me in my office?” He left the door open expectantly and sat down behind his desk to face her, knowing she couldn’t refuse him. He motioned for her to take a seat opposite him.

“What exactly are you doing out of class?”

PMEmailAIM
^
Daphne Greengrass
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 12:53 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

It's something of a drawling morning - everything seems to be going oh-so-slowly. Herbology was a bore, double Potions with the Gryffindors didn't even include a good fight.

It's a good day to skip class, Daphne thinks.

Leisurely she slips out of Arithmancy, robes flashing around the corner when she turns out of the classroom. The Professor didn't even notice - or, if she did, she didn't quite care. Daph has top marks in that class, anyways; her homework wouldn't be going undone.

Besides, there's not much that can stop her in her tracks.

The not-too-sharp voice of one of her younger Professors, however - and the nurturer of one of her guilty pleasure classes - can do just that. She turns the corner and is consumed by a quick internal debate to use a real excuse, make a pained expression and hug her stomach and sprint towards the Infirmary, but then tosses it. He's not going to punish her.

Instead she ducks her head, hiding the quick flash of an excited grin before slipping into his office and closing the door behind her. It's quaint - not nearly the size of some more illustrious, well-set adults' chambers, but it's definitely better than a broom closet. Daph takes her seat with poise and a bit of silence, watching his face calculatingly with a smirk in place as if waiting for him to make the first move in a game of chess.

Almost automatically, the blonde shucks her robe, undoing the clasp at her neck and the few buttons down the seam; it finds its home on the back of the chair she claims as her own. Button up shirts and short skirts always fit her more than flowing, graceful robes. Just as sweetly, she pulls her hair over one shoulder, leaning forward onto his desk with her elbows so she can perch her chin on the palm of her hands.

"Oh, Professor - what do you expect me to say? Trotting off to the ladies room?" She pauses only to roll her eyes, laughing, before leaning back in her chair and smoothing her skirt with her hands. Doe eyes glance back up at him but she can't hold it - they turn coy and laughing almost immediately. It's all too hilarious, the idea that he could actually be upset with her; she's nearly invincible in this position.

"It was an Arithmancy experiment, you see? I was using the numerical value of how many minutes I've spent bored out of my mind to predict how many steps down the hall it would take to get in big trouble." She pauses, mockingly contemplating, glancing up towards the ceiling. "Are you going to give me detention?" Her words are laced with dainty guilt and she meets his eyes again, brows raised.

"See, unless you're actually about to get me in real trouble - which you won't - then my calculations were wrong. But I'm a top student, so how would that be, hm?"

she's so bad!
PMAIM
^
Andrew Cooper
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 06:33 PM

Hufflepuff

Neutral
Hogwarts Staff

IT’S SUCH AN ARBITRARY LINE THAT WE DANCE
Drew cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably in his chair. Daphne was… gorgeous, if Drew was honest with himself. She was absolutely stunning and most certainly dangerous. She was a vixen, clever and beautiful and she knew it, which was worse. She let her robes drop off her shoulders and put it on the back of the chair which made Drew shift again and grab a quill and parchment just for something to do. He raised an eyebrow at her tone, playful and challenging. She was not taking him seriously at all, an irritating if not totally uncommon experience. But she laughed and he could almost forgive her anything in that moment. It was melodic and throaty and pure.

“Are you going to give me detention? See, unless you're actually about to get me in real trouble - which you won't - then my calculations were wrong. But I'm a top student, so how would that be, hm?” she challenged him.

He was grateful for the mild irritation of her tone, which made him focus on the present instead of the quality of her voice. He tapped the quill rapidly against his thigh wondering how he should respond to her. Any other professor would give her a detention and she definitely deserved it. She was impertinent, bordering on disrespectful, but she was smart enough to know how to work the system. She received top marks in all her classes and had half of the staff eating out of her palm; she flattered, she simpered, she worked at all the right times. Drew knew he was a sucker for it, too. He was well aware of her antics, but somehow couldn’t bring himself to stop her. Karma, he figured, would work it out, somehow.

“Thank would be a good excuse,” he replied, “but your calculations are wrong because you didn’t factor in any unknown variables, like me.”

He stood and paced towards the lit fireplace in his office. There were no flames but the embers still glowed bright orange. He turned back towards her and grinned.

“I should give you a detention, Ms. Greengrass, a few actually. Cutting class, missing a homework assignment (don’t think I wasn’t keeping track), and cheekiness. I can’t just let that kind of behavior go.” There that was reprimanding enough right? That was professional and dignified without being a complete push over, right? Well, Drew had tried anyway.

“Just because your grades are great doesn’t mean you should cut class.”

@Raccoon Hey sorry it took so long and thanks for your patience!! WOrk has finally cleared up so i'll be back to responding quickly http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III