Our Standing Appointment, September 2 Tag;; Jim
Skylar Hawkins
 Posted: May 28 2016, 06:01 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Order Member

Tag;; JIM

September 2

Skylar looked at her watch bouncing slightly as she looked at the door grinning excitedly. She saw her brother far more often then she would have liked thanks to the war, she was just glad her whole family was on the same side as her. She didn't know what she would do if her family was at all split. But today wasn't a day for order business it was her standing appointment that she and her big brother had since she graduated Hogwarts. Even when she was in America she would make sure to see him once a week for their standing appointment, though it was a little more tricky to get there she was glad to see him.

She sat at their normal booth at the leaky cauldron and ordered their usual drinks, she normally got something a little strong at least to help her relax after a long week. She had been hanging around hogsmead where things seemed to be almost as dark as Hogwarts. Most of the wizarding world seemed to be falling into the darkness. She had not been feeling well the last few days, and she wondered what was going on with her.

She knew on occasion before a vision she could have an illness of some sort but she hoped that wasn't what this was going to be. Her last vision was a painful dozy and having one in a public place would be bad, if the wrong person saw. She wanted to meet with brother. She was not even sure it was a vision. She must be over thinking things she was working around people she just got a cold. She really hoped that it was just a cold.

NOTES:

&
PMEmail
^
James Hawkins
 Posted: May 31 2016, 10:39 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

IT’S SO BAD GUYS DON’T SEE ME BLEED
Jim spun out of the Leaky Cauldron’s fireplace, green flames licking at the hem of his robes, matching the color of his face. He hated using the floo network, it always made him motion sick, (which he found ridiculous because he was a national Quidditch player capable of daring stunts and sudden movements) but it was the only way to travel over large distances. His team was staying in a hotel in Dublin for their match that night, but he didn’t want to miss his lunch with Sky. She was counting on him to be there and they’d never missed one before. He wasn’t going to let a little game of Quidditch stop that.

Out of all his siblings, Jim liked Sky best. She was funny, smart, driven. He was proud of her. But he also worried about her the most. The wizarding world was a dangerous place right now, especially for an Order of the Phoenix member. They had that argument and Jim was resigned to the fact that he had lost that battle, but that didn’t mean he had to like it. He stepped out of the fireplace and took a breath to steady himself, letting his breathing become normal again. He was here to spend time with his sister, not talk Order things, he told himself.

Jim didn’t bother with looking around for her. He knew exactly where she would be. It was their table, same time, every week. He walked to their table and took a seat in front of Sky. Drinks were already on the table and he was glad she thought to order for him. He needed a stiff drink after his last game. He picked up the glass of bourbon on the rocks and drank deeply.

“You look like someone shit in your cheerios this morning.”

PMEmail
^
Skylar Hawkins
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 10:24 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Order Member

Tag;; JIM

September 2

“Jim!” she squeaked happily when he went to their table. She got up and hugged him tightly. She had seen him at an order meeting and their last 'appointment' but she was always so excited to see him. Since the age difference was so much she never really got a lot of one on one time except during holidays and her favorite holidays were following him around to games being a big cheerleader for him. She sat down and put her hand on her head shaking it slightly. “Something's wrong I think I might have a -”

Her face went blank as she stared past her brother into space her hand tapping a little on the table. It was her normal vision “face” though she did not have them as often as she had when she was much younger her vision face never changed.

She wasn't sure what she was seeing it looked like news paper articles flashing in front of her eyes. People missing. Once those stopped her hand stopped twitching and she gripped the table her body shaking a little as she saw people, witches and wizards by the looks of their robes. These people seemed angry, why she did not know. She gasped as she had a bag put over her head in the vision as if she was one of the people who was being taken.

The color had drained from her face by that point and she blinked a few times her eyes focusing on her brother for a moment before slumping over gasping for air shaking a little more clinging on to consciousness putting her hand on her face. “Oh my.. god...” She whispered weakly. She hated those damn things, she knew she should have stayed home but she wouldn't miss seeing jim for the world. “I'm sorry... I thought.. but I didn't w-want to be right...”

NOTES:

&
PMEmail
^
James Hawkins
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 12:19 AM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

“Shit!” jim cursed under his breath. Sky’s eyes rolled to the back of her head for a moment and then she blankly stared at Jim, unseeing. This was bad. Really Bad. Jim struggled to find a way to hide his sister as her vision took over and made her as animated as a block of wood. She slumped back in her chair and Jim fought to keep calm. This rarely happened anymore. He had thought she had gotten somewhat of a hold on the visions, some sense of control so that her gift wouldn’t be a danger to her anymore. But it seemed they were wrong.

His eyes darted back and forth, watching for anyone who was paying attention, anyone who recognized the symptoms of a seer’s vision. Why did it have to be in such a public place? Why here and now? At least Jim was here to keep an eye out for her. But that was small comfort. If Jim didn’t know any better he’d swear that a cloaked figure in the corner was staring. He was probably just being paranoid though. They could be looking at anything. They probably weren’t paying attention to sky. No one else was.

It felt like forever until Sky was back to normal, back to the present reality instead of somewhere in the ever illusive future. When she returned Jim could see the sheer panic on her face and the worry rose up in his throat. It was rare that a vision got her this worked up afterwards unless it was bad.

“What did you see sky?”

In the corner of his eye, he saw the cloaked figure lean forward. If only he could see under that hood and see the person’s face he’d know if he was listening or not. Shit, shit shit, he thought, his paranoia mounting. But first he needed to focus on his sister. She was pale as a ghost and shaking, muttering under her breath.

”It’s okay that you were right, Sky. Now what did you see?” Jim forced his voice to sound calm, sure, and comforting. He didn’t want her to see the worry or the panic he was feeling. But he needed to know what she saw, what had her so freaked out. This didn’t bode well and he needed to be prepared for anything.

PMEmail
^
Skylar Hawkins
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 10:45 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Order Member

Tag;; JIM

September 2

She was always so disoriented after her visions she could barely sit up she felt so dizzy. She looked at her brother blinking a few times closing her eyes sinking lower in the seat. She couldn't focus on anything like the fact they were in public or even the hooded figure who seemed to be watching them. She put her hand on her forehead and took a shaky breath trying to calm down. It had been pretty freaking scary.

“Kidnappings, a-a few by the looks of the clippings I saw... I didn't see faces of the victims damn it.” She was going to leave the fact that she saw a bag over her head pretty sure that she was just seeing it as a victim not predicting her own future, she was relived she never had visions directly related to her, yet anyway.

“I need a drink...” she whispered grabbing the drink she had ordered earlier and downing it quickly. “Something bad is happening.” she whispered. “I mean.. we know that but something else is going on.” she slumped against her brother again grabbing his drink and drinking it quickly. “Jim why can't I be normal?” she whispered. She often asked that after a vision she hated the 'gift' she had gotten from her mother.

“we need to let the others now.” she whispered glancing around.

NOTES:

&
PMEmail
^
James Hawkins
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 03:26 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Order Member

“It’s okay, Sky. Just relax. We will figure this out and call a meeting.” He pushed his drink towards her, hoping it would calm her nerves more.

“We’ll do our best to stop it okay? Just take your time to breath.” He didn’t know if he was saying it more for her benefit or his own. He could barely contain his heart from racing. Something else bad? What could be worse than the current situation? Wasn’t Voldemort in power as worse as it could get?

“Jim, why can’t I be normal?” Skylar asked him and his heart stung. He hated seeing his little sister like this, so distressed and lonely. He knew how hard it was for her to grow up with the burden of prophecy but he couldn’t help shoulder that burden and it killed him. He hated seeing her be so harsh on herself.

“Hey, being normal sucks anyway. Your gift might suck but you are amazing. So screw being ‘normal’. We will work this out like we always do.” He looked into her eyes and tried to make her understand how seriously he meant those words. They would work this out and they would come out on top. The Order, after all, were the Heroes in this story. And Jim believed that the good guys always won out in the end eventually.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the cloaked figure stand up, and in the better lighting he could see that the cloak was a blood red color. His heart dropped into his stomach. The red cloak, Jim felt in his bones, did not bode well. There was just something so wrong about the figure, with their unseen face, and attentive manner. Jim was sure the figure had seen everything and the sudden panic was washed away by the need to protect Sky. He stood up suddenly, as the figure left the Leaky Cauldron, his chair scraping loudly against the hardwood floor.

“I’ll be right back,” He told Sky, unwilling to alarm her. Without another word, he ran out the door, trying to catch up to the mystery man. But he couldn’t spot him in the crowded path of Diagon Alley. He scanned the crowd with his eyes and caught a glimpse of red turn down Knockturn Alley. Of course they would, Jim thought, and darted towards Knockturn Alley as fast as his legs could manage. The crowd was cumbersome and Jim didn’t bother with “excuse me”, he just shoved people out of the way and kept moving.

It felt crucial that he grabbed this guy before he could disappear. He reached Knockturn and the alleyway was empty. There was no figure in red, not trace of where they went, just a dark alley with brick on either side and the inevitable seediness that came with a place like Knockturn.

“Shit!”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III