New Poll

Where it All Ended, tag; Draco | September 4
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 03:26 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK, CUZ I DON’T REMEMBER
The door to the astronomy tower stood wide open, the spiral stairs lit by torches, the shadows they cast waiting to swallow Ginny whole. She stood on the threshold and willed herself to take a step. She wrinkled her nose and tried to stop the images of this awful place from coming to the forefront of her mind. She hadn’t been here since Dumbledore’s death, couldn’t be here, in fact. Every time she got close, she thought of that night, the terror she felt, death flying past her and her loved ones only by sheer luck, Bill being mauled by Fenrir, blood everywhere, screams, and lights, and spells, and panic. She couldn’t breathe, her heart hammering in her throat, but she tried to calm it as she looked at the stairs. She hadn’t been here since the night Harry nearly lost his mind in grief. But tonight she had to try.

The next night was her first astronomy lesson of the school year, and the last thing she needed was to have a panic attack while the Death Eaters prowled around, looking for anyone who was less than supportive of Voldemort. She had to get over this fear of hers and the best way to do that was to tackle it head on. So here she was trying to sneak into the astronomy tower while everyone was at dinner.

“Get a hold of yourself,” Ginny muttered before tensing her shoulders and stepping through the doorway. She took the stairs slowly, one at a time, a deep breath for every single step. Eventually, after what seemed like forever but was really only a few minutes, she reached the top of the tower and entered the classroom. It looked that same as it always had, telescopes and books scattered around, models of the solar system moving slowly. She had been expecting signs of a struggle, the place completely destroyed and abandoned, but that was just her imagination running wild with her. Just because this was where her life had all but been destroyed didn’t mean the room itself was destroyed.

She laughed at herself, nervously, as she approached the window looking out onto the grounds. She looked down and everything started coming back up. This was where Dumbledore died, this is where muggleborns lost their greatest ally, this is where Harry endured so much pain, this is the place where he was taken from her. Quickly she backed away against the far wall and slid down to the floor, unable to stop her mind from racing into the painful darkness she usually kept at bay. She clutched her hand over her mouth and sobbed. This place took everything from her. How could she ever push past it all?

--------------------
Have Faith in me
I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 03:57 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

I
n the deepest shadows of the room, he felt a strange connection with this place. It was in the darkest recesses of his own imagination that he played the scene over and over again in his mind. He could still feel the warmth of the wood in his hand as he held his wand, his entire body trembling. His cheeks felt hot and he could feel his breath coming in and out of him in shakes as he tried to find it in him - the killer that he had to be in order to save his own life. But yet there he had stood, facing the man that had been the face of everything he was supposed to hate. He was a muggle lover, a Potter supporter… But damn it, Dumbledore had always been a good man.

And though Draco had fallen far, there was nothing in him that was capable of killing a good man. He didn’t know that Dumbledore was doomed to die anyway. He didn’t know about Snape. He didn’t know that he was just a child playing at an adult’s game in life and that he had pushed himself too far, too fast. He just knew that here he stood at the crux of his life’s decisions and he couldn’t say the words. He had tried, but his mouth was too dry and his face too wet with tears. This wasn’t the actions of a man, but the fear of a child trying so hard to be one and still failing, despite all of his best attempts.

Snape’s voice in his head, still see the flash of green from his side that ended the life of a good man. And for a moment, he was back in that moment, feeling the wave of relief that he didn’t have to take a life, that he didn’t have to walk away knowing that he had killed someone. But he walked away knowing that he had been too weak to, had been too-- He heard a sob.

Draco’s head lifted from his arms and he wiped at his face, which had a serious moisture issue occurring that he couldn’t explain by anything else but tears. He hadn’t realized he’d been crying, but apparently it had started while he was reliving some of the worst moments of his life. He forced himself up slowly, peering around the room cautiously so that he wouldn’t draw attention to himself if it was someone that he wanted to avoid.

It was worse than he could have imagined - Ginny Weasley. She sat crumpled at the wall with her body sagging as if someone had drained everything from her, crying audibly because she couldn’t bear this room. He didn’t have to talk to her to know what she was going through, to know exactly what was happening with her right now. It was almost the same thing that he experienced every time he came here. She had skipped dinner to come here, to get some sort of… Composure before she had to be here for class, anyways.

But even with that tightening he felt in his heart towards her, he couldn’t let that weakness bleed through to the surface, couldn’t let it be known that there was nothing that bothered him more than the fact that the one thing that money couldn’t buy was the one thing he wanted more than anything in the world. Instead, he turned his face into the best version of neutral that he could muster given the circumstances and approached slowly.

“Weasley,” He called out her last name, because using her first name would be too familiar, though his voice wasn’t cold by any means, “Get off the floor.”

PM
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 04:41 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK, CUZ I DON’T REMEMBER
The sound of her own name brought her sobs to a halt. She looked up and dread mingled with embarrassment as she realized it was Draco Malfoy who had spoken. Her lips pursed, trying to stop breathing altogether because if she breathed she would cry, it would escape, and there wasn’t one person in the world who she wanted to show weakness to less than Malfoy. Her face she knew must be the deepest shade of red.

“Get off the floor,” he said softly. But she didn’t. Anger flared up and she sat looking defiantly up at him, chin set, eyes glaring though tears still fell from them. It was his fault Dumbledore died that night, his fault that she had nightmares about this place, his fault that everything around her was going so awfully. Rage threatened to spill over and she had the carnal urge to punch him, hurt him, and tear him apart with her bare hands. She was acutely aware that she was still crying but she didn’t dare wipe the tears away. She didn’t acknowledge that she had been crying at all. She could feel her lungs burning from lack of oxygen and for a few more seconds she held it in. Finally she gave in to the burning and a heaving sigh escaped her lips.

And just as suddenly her rage dissipated. Harry had told her what happened that night, had told her Voldemort had threatened Malfoy’s parents, and that when it came time to Draco had almost lowered his wand before the other Death Eaters joined him. It was hardly his fault that Voldemort had taken over, had blackmailed him, and had threatened him and his family. He had been just a child like she had been a child. They had both been naïve and her sense of justice and reason began to brush away the anger. How could his actions have been so wrong if he was protecting those he loved? How could she be angry or blame him for that? She didn’t know if she wouldn’t do the same thing if her family was at stake. He was still a prick though, still a threat, and she stubbornly refused to stand because it was he who told her to.

“What are you doing here? Come to laugh at me? Torment me?” she accused. “Go ahead, Malfoy. Nothing you say or do could hurt me anymore. So you can keep laughing and be on your way.” It was then that she noticed the redness of his eyes, the pinkness in his cheeks, the moisture sinking into his skin. He had been here the whole time, she realized. She hadn’t heard anyone come up and she was the intruder here. She brought her knees to her chest and looked away, feeling too exposed, too vulnerable to someone who had always been her enemy.

“Why aren’t you at dinner with the rest of your snot-nosed friends?” It was a halfhearted jab, but she refused, even in her pitiable state, to pity him.

--------------------
Have Faith in me
I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 06:19 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

I
t felt wrong to watch a woman cry, but yet here he stood staring down at her as fresh tears ran down her cheeks and dripped from her chin onto her chest. He could see that her eyes were rimmed with red and that she looked every bit as pitiful as he felt. She had only been crying for a fraction of the time that he had been, but for some reason it made her look like she had been here for years.

The softer part of him that hadn’t yet been killed wanted to reach out past the hard exterior and comfort her, but he knew that a break in character that terrible would be the end of the Malfoy legacy, and that was something that he couldn’t afford, no matter how much he wanted to. He wanted nothing more than to be free of the Malfoy name and live his life free of the expectations… But no, he was Malfoy. And this was a Weasley.

He had to remind himself of that as she accused him of wanting something further from her, to torture her like he had done all of his previous years. And that was true, he had played the part of the bully and her tormentor, but this year felt… Different. He didn’t have to torture her. She was going through hell already. She had lost so many people in the fight and he knew where she was coming from. She had every reason to blame him for this.

Her half-hearted jab at him didn’t make him feel anything more besides a bit of pity, her stance obvious that she didn’t want to feel weak anymore though she clearly was in a weakened state. She sat with her arms curled around her knees and her head held low, like she almost expected him to kick her quite literally while she was already down. “Believe it or not, it’s nice to have a few moment of alone time once in a while.”

Rather than repeat his request, he lowered himself down onto the ground and rested his elbows on his knees, crossing his arms across them slowly. “I didn’t expect anyone else to come here.” He admitted, looking away from her, to the spot where Dumbledore had stood. He let there be silence for a moment, his gaze dropping to the ground. He couldn’t look anymore. “Why are you here?”

PM
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 08:36 PM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

LOVE IS NOT A BATTLE. IT’S A TICKING TIME-BOMB
Draco lowered himself to the floor and she stared at him hard, mulling over his response. She watched his features with hawk-eye precision looking for any sign of sarcasm or trap. He looked… different, not beaten exactly, but not whole either, not the pompous git she had been used to dealing with.

“I didn’t expect anyone to come here,” he said, and she knew he was being honest with her. She certainly hadn’t thought she would meet anyone in this well-avoided tower. He looked away but she couldn’t bring herself to look away from him. His face was almost expressionless but she could see pain there. She could see it in his glassy grey eyes, dark and stormy, and the way his eyebrows furrowed to make the smallest of creases above his nose. He was seeing something that she couldn’t, a memory that engrossed him, made him forget she was there for a moment. He seemed so sad. She let the silence stand between them, a buffer she could hide behind. She was feeling vulnerable but she hadn’t expected him to stick around to talk to her. The last thing she expected was to see behind this carefully kept mask.

“Why are you here?” his gaze dropped and Ginny felt the world tilt. Here she was: Ginny Weasley sitting with her school yard bully, proud wealthy pureblood, and marked Death Eater Draco Malfoy listening to him speak without hating every fiber of his being. Her stomach rolled and her mouth went dry. Hating someone was easy she realized. She could understand hating him, it came naturally to her, like breathing, yet she was raised to think it was wrong to hate someone. She was raised with love and understanding and compassion but it was so easy for her to hate him. Her heart raced to her throat again and panic threatened to grip her. Everything was changing and it was almost too much to handle. It was a hundred times harder to accept that she might have been wrong about him.

“Same as you I guess,” she told him “and because I’m afraid of it here.” She wondered if it was the right thing to do, to confide in him. There was a voice screeching in her head to stop this, warning signs flashing in her mind, sirens blaring out the alarm, but there was the tiniest voice telling her not to be afraid. He could very well use it against her if he so chose to, but what would it really hurt her? She played with the hem of her robe sleeves and bit her lip before taking a deep breath.

“Just being in the corridor makes me think of that night and I have to get over it.”

--------------------
Have Faith in me
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 08:12 AM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

T
his was insanity and he could feel it with every fiber of his being. All it would take is just one nosy fucking first year to stumble into the tower and discover the two of them here for his reputation and his name to be ruined. What would they say, of the famous Malfoy who was caught sitting in the astronomy tower with the pitiful and weak Ginny Weasley, pouring out his heart like it was a drink that had gone sour? He could feel his heart racing in his chest, but he could also feel that it was sore from having done so for so long. He knew that there was a piece of him that he couldn’t deny - the part of him that was still completely and utterly human - and so terribly lonely.

Try as he might, Draco knew that he was by no means the man that his father was. He didn’t have the ice in his veins and he wasn’t made of stone. He couldn’t abandon the woman he loved to sleep in his wedding bed with countless other nameless ones. Draco was the product of that. He had watched it tear his mother down night after night when she smelled another woman’s perfume and just knew that Lucius hadn’t been working late. He had watched how his mother had compartmentalized herself and pushed everything she felt down into little boxes to be filed away for later, when no one else could see her hurt.

Draco was more like his mother in that aspect - when he loved, he loved one person and with all of his being. And he couldn’t deny that he felt something towards Weasley. The fire in her had caught flame in him years ago, and he’d been fighting it since then. But now, there was so little reason to fight. She was here. He was here. And he could feel his insides getting hot and the coals of his long dead soul starting to smolder.

He could feel that she was telling him the truth, though it would have been easier on her pride for her to lie. She could have told him to go away, could have walked away from him and left him here alone in his pool of self pity and regrets. He regretted so many things - that he couldn’t be the man that he had to be, that he was even trying to be that man… He regretted his hesitation in killing Dumbledore, but at the same time he regretted putting himself in a position of where he’d been forced to do so.

Her pain was tangible to him in a way that he didn’t understand, and a way that he didn’t like. It made him uncomfortable to know that he was the cause of it and made his stomach sink down into his hips. “You won’t get over it.” He didn’t say it with malice, but it wasn’t quite said with kindness. No, it was… Bitter, perhaps, was the best way to describe his tone, tinged with regret. He couldn’t bring himself to look at her, because he couldn’t see the damage that he had done to her. She wasn’t broken by any means, no she was stronger than that, beautifully crafted so that no one person ever could destroy her. But she was bruised and it was almost like it was his hand doing the work.

He didn’t think about his words, but they fell out his mouth, unbidden, “I’ve come here every night since we’ve come back. It doesn’t get easier. It doesn’t get better. There’s no coping with it or changing it. It’s just there…” No, that wasn’t it. He paused and sighed, running his hands through his hair and held his head, as if he had a migraine, his hands rubbing at either side of his temple. “There’s a void there and no matter how you try you can’t stop. It’s like losing a tooth. You know it’s gone and you know it hurts to touch but you still keep rubbing your tongue over it.”

Except he had done it every night since, waking up in cold sweats and near screaming from the memory. He couldn’t wipe it from his head, could still see the flash of green and Dumbledore’s face. Even in death, he had seen the same cool understanding there. And that was what haunted him every time he closed his eyes.

PM
^
Ginny Weasley
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 11:45 AM

Gryffindor

Order Member
Gryffindor

Take care to leave a trace of a man
Ginny listened to him talk, quietly, not interrupting or breaking her silence until he was done talking. But the things he said didn’t sit right with her, a feeling she was glad to have back at least, something normal to keep her grounded in reality. He made his speech with such bitterness, such regret, and defeat. It was as if he had given up already but that didn’t make any sense to her. If he was really here, every night, just like he said, how could that mean he just didn’t believe he could get over it or cope with it. How did that mean he thought things would never get easier?

“That’s the biggest pile of bullshit I’ve ever heard you say.” Ginny told him, not caring if he was offended. Not that she listened at all to what he said, she told herself quietly. But he sounded like he needed the encouragement and Ginny couldn’t stand that anyone felt the pain she did, even more so than she did. This self pity they were both feeling grated on her nerves like a saw on violin strings. It just didn’t sound right to her. If there was anything Ginny had in common with a Malfoy it was her pride. She would be damned if she sat here all night and it didn’t get better. She scrambled up to her feet.

“A lost tooth heals eventually,” she challenged him, jaw set and eyes ablaze. Maybe she was too optimistic for her own good, maybe this was the dumbest thing she could possibly doing, maybe she didn’t care about any of that. All she cared about was stopping this pity fest that they were having.

“It will get easier to live with, less painful. Even if that void never goes away, even if that wound leaves a scar,” she wiped her tears away, angry at them now, “it still heals, imperfect and tainted but healed.”

She wouldn’t cry over this anymore, wouldn’t let herself. She thought she sounded like a petulant child but she was stubborn and strong. It didn’t matter if Malfoy agreed with her. She believed whole-heartedly that things would get better. They were horrible now but if she didn’t believe it would get better in the future why even stay, why even stick around on earth to endure it? Those were dark thoughts, thoughts Ginny refused to entertain for a second and so she had to believe that everything would end up okay for her. She didn’t want to let that go.

“Either way, I have to try to cope with it. It doesn’t sound like you’ve given up on trying either, Malfoy.

--------------------
Have Faith in me
PM
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 10:16 AM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

S
he had a point - a lost tooth would heal and it was part of the natural order of things. Dumbledore’s death had been so sudden and had been so out of order with everything that should have happened that it had shocked everyone. It wasn’t like a natural loss of a baby tooth. It was more like a punch to the mouth and losing an adult tooth. The gum would heal but there would be a spot in which you would always know you were missing a piece of yourself, and there was little that could be done naturally to make it feel whole.

There was another piece of her tone that made him feel uneasy - even if she seemed softer to him she still looked at him the same way. Her eyes were wary of him like he was some beast that was barely restrained, as if she expected him to turn like a dog and bite her. He wasn’t a monster. Hell, he couldn’t even kill an old man that was going to die in the war anyways. He didn’t have the stone in his chest like his father and didn’t have the fire like his mother. He was cold, terribly so, but not completely dead.

It was grating on him that she was looking at him like that, but even with his pride he couldn’t say anything.

“I have more to cope with than you know.” He couldn’t help but say it, partially because it felt nice to get it off his chest but also because it felt right to make her understand that he wasn’t the beast that she viewed him as. He could take it when she had looked at him as if he had been a bully - he had been. But when she looked at him as if he were a murderer? That was something that got under his skin so deeply that he couldn’t deny it.

Draco was a lot of things - a prick, a bully, an antagonizer, and even a downright awful person. But he was not a murderer. He didn’t have that piece of evil in him yet and he didn’t want that to ever weigh on his soul. As much as he yearned to be a Death Eater, he lacked the darkness that it took to take a life.

“I didn’t kill him, you know.” The words fell from his mouth without his mind even thinking it, his body fighting against the verbal vomit, “I know what they’re all saying but I didn’t do it. When it came down to it, I wasn’t able to.” He felt the ghost again - the ghost of his wand still in his trembling hand and the pounding of his heart in his chest. “I looked an innocent man in the face and I couldn’t find it in me to kill him. No matter what depended on it, I wasn’t strong enough to kill in cold blood… So you can stop looking at me like you expect me to do the same to you.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III