New Poll

return of the king;, tag: open [ 1 september 1997 ]
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 21 2016, 07:30 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

T
his was the year that he had been preparing for almost all of his life. He had been prepped by his father and preened by his mother, dressed in his finest clothing, and ushered onto the train with only a brush on his cheek by his mother’s lips and a pat on the shoulder from his father. And though Draco knew that deep down he was supposed to be feeling like the triumphant king returning to rule the castle, he felt like nothing more than a pawn he had been used as. Though he did play the part every bit as he had in the past of shoving his way past nervous first years and skiddish others, he didn’t really feel the enjoyment he had gotten from it in the past. He didn’t feel… Well, anything.

He felt like an empty vessel with no purpose other than to follow the path that had been set out for him since the day he was born - he would grow up the same way his father did, in wealth and well-being, though the same outcome every time. He would become a wealthy man of good status with his friends and very well-connected socially, though behind closed doors he would drink away all of his emotions and suffer from the constant nagging reminder that he would never live up to the name that he had set before him. Malfoy. There was so much pride in that name, so much history. And yet here he was, just another of the line following in the same beaten path.

He had no accomplishments, no trophies. He was nothing more than a boy pretending to be a man. He was driven by the need to fill the spot his father had made for him, forced by social expectations to fit into the box of what they expected from “Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prince”. And here he was, entering stage left. But the stage had worn on him, torn him down. His mask was slipping.

Where previously his slick hair had been a closely manicured mop on his head, it had turned to being disheveled almost, more to hide the fact it was falling out than anything else. There were the beginnings of dark circles under his eyes where he fought to find sleep most nights, and the lack of color to his face that made him seem almost ghastly. He didn’t quite look the part that he was playing anymore.

And because of the wear on him, he couldn’t suffer the public eye but so long. Rather than strut through the hallways of the train he would normally do, he sought out a private room in a sparsely populated section of the train. He couldn’t help but sigh as he sank into a seat, tossing his bag into the overhead as he let his head tilt back and eyes close, resigned more than anything else.

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 21 2016, 08:30 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rosemarie had not wanted to stay with her parents much that summer. She loved them very much but she felt to cut off from the wizarding world and she needed to know what was going on and she knew that what she was reading in the daily prophet she had gone to her friends often as she could to try to get word. She also had made a difficult decision to go back to school. She knew things were going to be hard, very hard but she could not leave her friends alone, she wanted to make sure she was there if she was needed.

Not knowing what the train station would be like she asked her parents to stay home and went with a wizarding family she was close to to kings cross. After passing threw the wall she looked around doing her usual bouncing around to see her friends though she could already feel a darkened mood. She decided to spend a little time alone on the train before seeing her friends the mood was bothering her she struggled to get past her fellow students on the train.

While trying to get free from a crowd she found herself knocking a compartment door open and stumbling back inside. She sighed trying to recover quickly standing up and brushing her cloths off before glancing around quickly to see if she was alone, she had really hoped that she would be but nope, and it was Draco Malofy in the car. Great, she didn't need that kind of drama right now, she was going to deal with it only, something was wrong.

She was going to duck out but couldn't bring herself too since she could tell. “Are you... are you okay Malfoy?” She asked tilting her head.

What's a god to a non-believer?
TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 21 2016, 09:09 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

T
he private car offered him a silence that was a sweet reprieve from the rest of the excitement on the train, though even with the door closed he could hear the excited conversations going on outside. Muffled voices talked about houses and all the possibilities of what was to come when they returned, and there was even speculation as to whether Severus Snape was truly the headmaster or if McGonagall, the otherwise unspoken next in line, had become the true headmistress.

If it wasn’t for the fact that the moment went from almost-silence to sudden noise, Draco wouldn’t have heard the girl slip into the room. He ignored it at first, mostly because he wanted to keep up the appearance that he wasn’t interested in anything or anyone. He could hear her pause and consider leaving, and he was internally relieved, though apparently his face revealed more than he intended it to do, as he’d caught the girl’s attentions and… Sympathy?

That emotion made his stomach roll and he could feel bile rise in the back of his throat. He could take concern, but sympathy? Oh fuck, that was just delightful. “I was fine until you decided to grace me with your presence.” He snapped, not as harsh as he could have done, but slathered with the acid of someone whom had had something deeply important interrupted other than his peaceful moment alone.

“What do you want? Trying to fill your quota of good deeds for the year in one night, Hufflepuff?”

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 21 2016, 10:04 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rose felt her eyes narrow for a moment. She could just turn and leave and not think about the fact he clearly needed someone to talk to since he was such a prick. She took a deep breath and shook her head crossing her arms a little. “Malfoy you have pushed me around in the past but this year is not the year to do it. You looked like you needed someone one to talk too and I was willing to ignore the fact you've always been an ass hole to me to try to talk to you but if your going to keep being an ass hole I'll leave you to your self pity.”

She shook her head turning to face the door before looking back at him again. “It must be rough,” she said quietly. “Coming from such a well known wizarding family... You may hate me for what I am but i'm greatful I'm the first witch in my family, I don't have anything to live up too... or is that what your thinking about?” She was honestly curious at what had changed him so much in a few months. “Sorry you feel you have to make me feel bad because I'm happy.” she added.

TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 21 2016, 10:44 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

D
raco was sure that his tact, or lack thereof, would have driven the girl away without further effort from him. But it seemed that she wanted nothing more than to continue being the butt of his jokes and try to see the good in him. Typical Hufflepuff, attempting to find the light in every dark situation, including his own. And really, what a pathetic attempt at it. Of course it was stressful living up to a name as great as the Malfoys - did he have to write it on his damn forehead for it to be known any better than that? Oh, but that was right. She wouldn’t know anything about the importance of a name.

And here was presented what he would call Exhibit A for why mudbloods were the lesser of purebloods.

He would have continued to ignore her rather than return the conversation, but something about her last jab got him particularly good. He wasn’t sure if it was the off-handed way that she said it or the fact it was so dearly close to the truth that he couldn’t stand, but he felt his normally cold blood grow hot, his eyes opening to pin her.

“Don’t pretend that you know anything about me, mudblood. The best you know is what you hear in gossip from your harpy mouthed friends.” He spat the words, ice on his tongue and in his eyes, “And you can keep your pity and assumptions to yourself. You are right about one thing and one thing only - you have nothing to live up to because you are nothing. Just another muggleborn to sully the blood of the true wizarding families.”

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 21 2016, 10:57 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

“You are such a wanker.” she said shaking her head and crossing her arms. Now she really wasn't ready to leave. She walked away from the door and sat in front of him aware she was probably pissing him off even more but she didn't care at this point she was mad. “Just because my parents are muggles does not make me any lesser than you. I bet you I have better marks then you did in my classes because I work hard not because of my name but because I want to be the best witch I can be.”

She clenched her fists staring at him. “I don't see any of you 'pure' blood friends coming to make sure your okay when you are visibly different then last year. Besides what I know about you because you made me miserable the last five years but you should know I'm done letting you make me feel less just because I'm different.”

She stood up again trying to decide If she should stay she felt like she wanted to keep yelling at him but things were already stressful enough as it was for someone in her situation. “I'm sorry your going threw what you are and that you were raised to treat others like shit but I can't and won't take that from you anymore...”

TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 22 2016, 11:11 AM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

O
h fantastic, so now the insufferable headache was going to take a seat and subject him to even more humiliation by being seen with her. Oh well, it wasn’t like it wasn’t obvious that the two of them weren’t getting along like the best of friends. His irritation was becoming ever more evident on his face and his normally quite dead eyes now tinged with the look of ‘I would rather not be here right now’.

“So you think that because you can do your good deed and get a sticker on your chest that your upcoming year is going to be fantastic?” There was genuine anger in his voice now, not just the irate attitude of someone whom had been interrupted in what they were doing. He couldn’t believe this girl’s audacity, or her naivety to the situation. He knew that most didn’t know what they were going into, but he felt that they deserved a right to know. They weren’t safe at Hogwarts. Hell, they weren’t even safe in their own homes if things continued the way they were going.

“Let me enlighten you, Stanley.” He sat up for the first time and leaned in, seeming to take pleasure in dropping the bad news on her, the first sign of glee on his face since he’d dropped the act of triumphant warrior, “The games are over. Potter has no chance of winning. Dumbledore is dead and there is no one left to save your kind. The Death Eaters are winning. They have all the cards and there is nothing that a nobody like you can do to stop them. Just remember that when you find yourself thinking about voicing your new backbone to them. I hear they like watching girls break under the Cruciatus.”

With that last remark he couldn’t help but smirk, because it was a particularly good dig at the fact that she would likely be going through hell itself, but also because the Unforgivable curse was one of the few that still struck fear into even his own heart. Everyone knew what had happened to the Longbottom family at the hands of his dearest Aunt Bellatrix. The madwoman didn’t know when to stop cursing them, and they’d descended into madness from the repeated use.

Her comment on how none of his pureblood friends were here only made a wry smile find its way onto his lips, “You know, maybe that’s because they understand that when a person picks a room to themselves it usually is a good hint they want to be, oh I don’t know, alone maybe?”

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

Rose was terrified. She knew she was walking into something bad but that bad? She clenched her fists tightly and stood up trying to hide he fear. She'd rather be stupidly brave then afraid. “I would rather be tortured and possibly die for what I believe in then standing by watching all the good in the world disappear.” She said stubbornly. “Dumbledore may be gone but the death eaters have been defeated before and it can happen again.”

She stood there for a moment before walking to the door. “You can't expect a compartment to your self just because your you. All hail king Malfoy.” she snapped. “One day when things go back to the way they were and they will you are going to be even more alone then you are now because the few people who try to show you kindness you just try to hurt them... and scare them.”

TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 25 2016, 05:59 PM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

R
ose was so terribly optimistic that it made his stomach turn. He couldn't even fathom the optimism it would take to imagine a good day, much less the light to the dark situation that Hogwarts found itself in. He knew that the school was wrapped up terribly in the dark cloud that was the Death Eater influence, but even then he couldn’t understand how she saw even a glimmer of sunlight through the clouds. But here she was, confident that everything would turn out alright for her.

“Yeah? And what if things don’t go back to rainbows and butterflies? Will you still sit there and talk about hope when everyone you know and love has died? What about when you have been put under the Cruciatus for the fifth time and your sanity is close to breaking? What will you say then?” He scoffed and leaned back against his seat again, unsure of why he’d even let her get him flustered in the first place. He shouldn’t let a nobody get under his skin. She was just a stupid mudblood that was too confident in her abilities.

Draco brushed his hair back out of his face and let out a low sigh, “You know absolutely nothing about the world you’re going into. I’d lose the story book image of what hope is going to be like. Because it’s a dark world out there, Stanley.”

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 25 2016, 11:25 PM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

She shifted slightly trying to keep her composer as she stared at him. She as not ready to back down, she wasn't ready to accept the future he was describing was one that was going to happen. “My friends won't die easy. And if I die defending what I believe to be right so be it. Even if I lose my mind for it. I think my will is strong, I won't be easily broken. I can't, to many people need me and I need to be strong, muggle born or not. I have made to many friends who don't fit into your families views of the wizarding world but guess what did you ever think their views could be wrong?”

She sighed and shook her head. “I am going to fight for that world I see until I take my last breath. Sorry but I wont let fear rule me... and I will not let you scare me into backing down because of what is awaiting us at Hogwarts... I still think you should reexamine your life choices, maybe your on the wrong side...”

TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
Draco Malfoy
 Posted: May 28 2016, 10:08 AM

Slytherin

Death Eater
Slytherin

Y
eah, she thought her will was strong enough that she could last through the cruciatus curse repeatedly. Yeah, the Longbottoms had been strong people as well but it had broken them as easily as dry pasta. He could already see how it would go if she were ever actually to face a genuine situation. She was nothing more than a child with brave aspirations of being the hero in the fairy tale story that she thought she was living. In her mind, Harry would come like some prince charming and save them all from the Dark Lord as if they were all Disney princesses that needed to be saved from the tower.

“The world you see? You mean the one where everything turns out okay and everyone survives? Yeah. That’s the fantasy of a child.” His mind was on his father, whom had been locked up in Azkaban for months while Voldemort rose to power. His family had been through hell and he didn’t want them to experience that again. They had been raked over the coals and had come back out again on top, it had been fate that the Dark Lord would win. But yet her last comment got to him. Maybe he was on the wrong side…

He could picture the other pure bloods that had chosen to go against Voldemort and had chosen a different path. As always, his mind wandered back towards the one that seemed to haunt him even in his sleep - Weasley. She was an untouched wildflower that was in such danger of being stomped and crushed. And even when it seemed that she would die, she had come out the other side a stronger woman. That had been her first year, her first experience with Hogwarts. And still he’d seen her at the station, coming back though the world was at its darkest. “We’ll find out.” Was all he could muster, chewing his lip.

PM
^
Rosemarie Stanley
 Posted: May 28 2016, 11:56 AM

Ravenclaw

Order Member
Hufflepuff

She sighed shaking her head. “Yeah, we'll see. I know Potter will be back and I know we will make it threw, I know there will be deaths and I do hope I survive as well as my friends. I wont give up hope even if you think I should. I'm serious though something is off with you if you ever need to chat Puffs are fantastic listeners... Best friends... I know you've tormented most of us but I'm willing to listen.” She knew her words were probably worthless but he looked so different, so off she wondered why. Part of her kindness was curiosity the other part was she cared about people. It was just her thing.

“As hateful as you've been to me Malfoy I have a heart. I hope you sort out what ever is troubling you soon...” She added before heading out to give him the solitude he said he wanted. She was feeling less optimistic and a lot more afraid about what waited for her at Hogwarts.

TAG | WORDS | NOTES
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine
Affiliates
Want to be added to this list? Click here!

RPG-D    
Last Resort      

Gallows Humour, Fable III